How to Be an Ally
Thank you for your interest in Open Source for Women! As this site is intended to be a women-only space, we're only accepting applications for membership only for those individuals who identify as women. But don't despair! We need allies to make this site-- and the open source world in general-- more welcoming and inclusive.
To that end, we have assembled a list of resources that may be helpful to you as an ally.
- Signal that your Open Source project is welcoming and inclusive by adopting a Code of Conduct.
- You can support Open Source for Women and other outreach efforts by donating to our founder's Patreon.
- The Do's and Don'ts of Being a Good Ally from The Angry Black Woman
- Tools for White Guys who are Working for Social Change by Chris Crass
- Adria Richards (@AdriaRichards) offers guidance via mail, Google Hangouts and phone on diversity issues
- Gradient Lair features writings on misogynoir and other topics for women of color
- How to Be An Ally by André Arko
- How to Fight Unconscious Bias & Become a Better Ally
- So You Want to Be an Ally by Julie Pagano
- Allies on the Geek Feminism Wiki
- Ally Skills Workshop from the Ada Initiative